The mission of the South Carolina Commission on Prosecution Coordination is to improve South Carolina's Criminal Justice System by enhancing the professionalism and effectiveness of South Carolina’s Solicitors and their staff through activities such as coordination of prosecution services, education, information, association, and interaction; and to achieve objectives which will benefit and improve the Office of Solicitor.
In carrying out its mission, the Commission's primary responsibilities include:
- Support of the fair, just, and swift administration of justice by the Offices of the Solicitors;
- Coordination of all administrative functions of the Offices of the Solicitors;
- Submission of the budgets of the solicitors and their affiliate services to the General Assembly;
- Coordination of pre-trial intervention and other diversionary programs within the Solicitors’ offices;
- Collection of data and reports as required by the South Carolina General Assembly;
- Development and direction of legal education programs and training programs for solicitors and their staff to help improve the legal knowledge and advocacy skills of prosecutors, the effectiveness and efficiency of the prosecution of criminal cases in this State, augmented investigation of crimes, the provision of victim services, and office administration;